Saturday, January 19, 2013

Christian Unity Octave - Day 2


ANTIPHON: That they all may be one, as Thou, Father, in me and I in Thee; that they also may be one in Us; that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me.

V. I say unto thee, thou art Peter; R. And upon this rock I will build my Church.

 For the return of the Eastern Orthodox Christians to communion.

Let us pray. O Lord Jesus Christ, who saidst unto Thine Apostles: Peace I leave you, My peace I give to you; regard not our sins, but the faith of Thy Church, and grant unto her that peace and unity which are agreeable to Thy Will; Who livest and reignest ever, one God, world without end. Amen.

****



See? We have not forgotten our Eastern family. The sad, yet interesting, thing about this prayer is that the Eastern Orthodox faithful probably accept more of the Church's teaching than most Roman Rite Catholics! If their biggest problem is not accepting the authority of the Pope, I can think of plenty of politicians who are deserving of their own mention during this octave! Yet I digress.




No comments:

Post a Comment