Thursday, January 24, 2013

Catholic Unity Octave - Day 7


ANTIPHON: That they all may be one, as Thou, Father, in me and I in Thee; that they also may be one in Us; that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me.

V. I say unto thee, thou art Peter; R. And upon this rock I will build my Church.

That the Jewish people will be converted to the Catholic Faith.

Let us pray. O Lord Jesus Christ, who saidst unto Thine Apostles: Peace I leave you, My peace I give to you; regard not our sins, but the faith of Thy Church, and grant unto her that peace and unity which are agreeable to Thy Will; Who livest and reignest ever, one God, world without end. Amen.

****

I remember there being some controversy about some phrase in the Bible during the trial of Jesus by Pilate in which the Jews cry out "His blood be on us and our descendants!"

**
I found it; "And the whole people answering, said: His blood be upon us and our children." (Matt. 27:25)

Jews were angry that they were being presented as the murderers of Christ. But here's the thing; they are even more special than just thew Chosen People because they called down the Precious Blood upon themselves! He comes not in judgment, but in mercy, and this will be their salvation.


No comments:

Post a Comment