Thursday, January 24, 2013

Burns Supper

I'd never heard of it till today, but supposedly tomorrow is Burns Day. Robert Burns, the Scottish poet, that is. Take a look at the way some people celebrate it. Note, some people, not e. I won't be participating in this event, I don't like Scottish stuff. Especially their accents and language. Blech. They have mangled the fine English language.

Maybe you're looking at me like I'm a hypocrite since I rave about Old English. Well I see a difference between Old English, and semi-modern un-understandable Scottish lingo. It's half English. If it was totaly Scottish that'd be a different story.

Anyways, though I don't like Burns' poetry all that much, I am just wondering why we don't do this for other poets? Shel Silverstein Supper would be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment