Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Little Things



So when I was younger, I admit, I was not a fan of St. Therese. I thought her and St. Francis were overrated. No, seriously, I did!

I didn't see what was so fascinating about a Carmelite nun and a friar who loved animals. (I am an avid yet unlucky hunter so when I hear people say St. Francis loves animals and we can't kill them it works me up!)

I never denied her sanctity or anything - but I always thought, why doesn't St. Louis de Montfort, or St. Dominic, or St. Margaret Mary have as much of a "fan base"?

Because, as I grew older I realized that she did what all saints do; little things. But unlike most saints, she left us a very clear and simple path. We must do little things for God- and only what he wants. That's it! So easy! As for St. Francis....I'll get to him tomorrow! Though it will probably enrage PETA. Haha.


St Therese, pray for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment